Thursday, December 29, 2011

Labels

I honestly don’t understand why girls need to say “we’re in a relationship”, or worse, make their guy say it. That whole concept has been bugging me for awhile and I finally came to terms with my status. If you know he only has eyes for you, and you do the same things a “couple” would do. i.e hold hands, kiss, flirt, etc. then do you really need to make him say “Yes, we’re dating.” To me the whole “in a relationship” thing is too much of a weight. It’s like saying “married”. If you don’t see either one of you breaking up anytime soon, do you really need to document it and go through all the legal stuff? And I know most of you are saying “well if he doesn’t admit to being in a relationship, then how do you know he’s committed?”. My answer: Because guys aren’t as complicated as we make them out to be! Trust me, if he seems just as in love as you are, chances are HE IS! They don’t try to make everything a game, that’s just how we’ve perceived guys as a whole and it’s sad. When I first started my “relationship”. I wanted my boyfriend to actually admit it, so i could tell my friends “he said it, he said it!”. Now I’ve realized that it doesn’t really matter. Did i think he was ashamed or embarrassed of me at first? Yes! Did he prove me wrong? Yes! The truth is, guys don’t like admitting that commitment because when you actually say it, it sounds really anchoring. It’s simpler to just forget labels and know that you’re not gonna stray from each other for awhile. I guess the point I’m trying to make is, you don’t need to prove anything to anybody. If you both know you’re going out, you don’t need to blab to the world that you’re off the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment