Saturday, March 12, 2011

A True Philosopher


So all this philosophical analysis and discussions on existentialism has taught me that I truly am a philosopher. I went through all my blogs and learned that I do question life and the meaning of our existence and where true happiness comes from and how to obtain it. GHI really helped me to become the philosopher we’re all meant to be. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE has the capability to become a philosopher, however not everyone can get in touch with that part of their psyche that helps you to analyze life and the meaning of existence. I thought my brain was broken for me to be questioning all of this when I was younger and then to even further in depth with these thought. Turns out, my brain was just highly intelligent. I’ve always questioned the impossible and searched for answers on these questions, which is exactly what philosophy is about. I was doing what philosophers have been doing for centuries, while I was only 4. My brother was a genius, like for real, and I thought I was just smart. Not genius level but up there. Where he was a genius in math and science, I was a genius in English and science. We both sucked in school and hated it with a passion. Two geniuses in subject we both hate. Science was fine. We both love science. But he hated math and I hated English, yet those were our strong suits. I still suck at math and hate English. He still hates math and could careless about English. He liked history more, like my mom. I’m just so happy I finally found meaning in life. When we started existentialism in English, I thought I had finally found something to call myself, but I’ve learned that where I may agree with some of the Existentialists beliefs, their main belief I do not agree with. I agree that God did not create us, I just don’t believe that we have no after or pre-lives. We have to go somewhere, our souls don’t just disappear with our bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment